Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 9, Thing #22

I missed the free month of World eBook Fair which was in July, but I'll definitely be back on July 4, 2008, for the Third Annual World eBook Fair. The yearly subscription rate is so reasonable that I may not wait until next summer. I was amazed to read that there are one million free electonic books on the internet.

I looked at Project Gutenberg. I liked the Top 100 list and the RSS feature that would alert you that new books had been added. I was a little disappointed that there were no illustrations. I found it interesting that they were looking for volunteers to proof read. I think that I would enjoy doing that.

LibriVox has a very ambition goal of recording all of the books in the public domain. I was surprised that the entire book was not read by one person. It made sense once I realized that the project was being done by volunteers.

Best Places to Get Free Books was an interesting list. I looked at World Public Library again. I liked that the children's books were easy to find and that I was able to just browse the books. I also looked at MemoWare which has eBooks for the PDA. MoochMuch is an interesting idea. Once I have all of my books catalogued on LibraryThing, I could open my own library using MoochMuch.

No comments: