Friday, August 17, 2007

Week 6, Thing #14

I claimed my blog on Technorati by inserting this HTML: Technorati Profile.

I searched for School Library Learning 2.0 and "School Library Learning 2.0" all three ways: blog post, tag and blog directory. When searching the blog posts, I got the same results for both searches. Blog posts also gave me the most results, 1,547. There was a dramatic difference between the two searches in the tag search, 1,203 as compared to 201. The blog directory produced the least results, 12 and 10.

I looked at the popular blogs, searches and tags. I was surprised to see that the poular searches and tags were not something that I would have searched. They were also not what I would have expected. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I saw.

I've looked at tags, but I haven't actually used them very much. I suppose that it is time that I begin tagging. I like the idea of being able to tag things to suit my needs. That would be the advantage, but I see several disadvantages. I have noticed that it is easy to begin using variations of one tag if you are not careful. As I've mentioned earlier, the tag I would have chosen, autographed, was not the one that others had chosen most often, which was signed. I see that as a disadvantage.

I have a watchlist. I created it when I looked at Technorati earlier.

No comments: