Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Week 7, Thing #17

I played in the Sandbox and still have the same question. How does a teacher insure that a student's work is not edited or deleted? I added a comment and then came back and deleted it. I assume there is a monitoring feature that I haven't seen.

I was excited to find the resources on the California Curriculum Connections wiki. I saw some wonderful ideas that I plan to share with my librarians. I liked the idea of creating an avatar for the character in a book.

The Daily Peanut was very informative as were the PBwiki tutorials and the PBwiki Tips. I can see myself using a wiki to plan a trip, but I'm not sure how practical it would be for a shopping list.

I love the idea of students being able to collaborate on a project using a wiki, particularly since it could be done at school or at home. I can also see students creating book reviews that other students could read or even add their own comments on the book.

I am becoming increasingly more comfortable using my blog. It isn't taking me nearly as long to create my posts. I've also added my blog and the SLL2.0 course to my del.icio.us account, so navigating between the two is quick and easy.

No comments: